Monday, January 09, 2006

PROTECTION

" I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress, My God, in Him I will trust." Today was a national holiday in Japan so we made our way to Mino Mountain to once again see the monkeys and feed them from our car. We decided to drive up the mountain and visit the waterfalls. We parked in a parking lot with several other cars and began the fairly long walk to the falls. Halfway to the falls, we decided that we in fact did not want to make the long walk down since we could see them from where we were. So, we walked back to the car and as we opened our doors we were suprised to find a Japanese man in our passenger seat beginning to look through Jennifer's purse. It caught us both off guard and for an instance we thought we were getting in the wrong car. When we realized it was OUR CAR and he was in it, Jennifer almost threw up. The man began to say "Gomennasai, motte nai" which means " I am sorry I did not take anything." However he was not quick to exit the car and it was a very awkward moment leaving us not knowing what to do. Mark then held Jennifer's purse and said "kore wa dai jobu deskah?" which means is this purse OK? or in other words, "did you steal from this purse?" He said no and then exited the car. Mark gave him a Bible and told him Jesus loved him and I just hid behind Mark because I was scared! All this to say, we praise God that He did not allow us to go all the way down to the falls and we returned before our things were stolen. (yes we had locked the car, for all of you wondering) It is such joy to serve a God who protects His children. We pray this man will not only experience our forgiveness, but also God's. WHAT A DAY!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Guys, I am glad you are ok. We miss you all bunches and love looking at your site!

Anonymous said...

Hey ya'll!! Wow what a story! That is so awesome the way you both handled that situation. Thanks..for letting us know. I love you both and miss ya.