Friday, April 17, 2009

Torture?

So I am watching the news and the evaluation of the techniques used for suspected terrorists, which they are calling torture. The techniques included water boarding, (which is pouring a pitcher of water or running a hose over someone's face to simulate drowning), sleep deprivation for up to 11 days, face slapping with fingers, and being confined in a small room with an insect that is not capable of killing you. Now, I find it quite interesting that they are considering prosecuting the men that used these tactics (which were all legal) on suspected terrorists from 911. It is more than ironic for me to hear this news and how disheartened Obama is by the tactics used on the terrorists when he is NOT disheartened by placing infants in a room to die or by partial birth abortion, or any form of abortion for that matter. None of the tactics used on the suspected terrorists caused physical harm, death, or psychological damage, but abortion KILLS innocent babies. Food for thought.....

2 comments:

Emily said...

So true Jennifer...I have given these "torture" tactics some thought myself and I am not sure what I think. I am supportive of all of these things to keep our country safe. I wonder though, in an ideal world, if our country REALLY depended on God how much information and protection we would receive without even these legal tactics, does that make sense?

Mom said...

I love your "editorial", and I agree with you. It is just a sad, mixed up world we live in. I appreciate your boldness.