Friday, May 23, 2008

Horrible Tragedy

Steven Curtis Chapman is by far my most FAVORITE songwriter and singer of all times. His music is unbelievably powerful to me and just so genuine. Yesterday, tragedy struck his home. His youngest daughter Maria Sue Chapman, who was a 5 year old adopted from China was hit by an SUV in their driveway and killed. I cannot imagine the pain they are going through. As a mom, I truly cannot even begin to imagine going through this. I praise the LORD that they trust HIM and that HE (GOD) PROMISES to give us "peace that surpasses all understanding" even in situations like this. Maria is the youngest child in the Chapman family and was one of 3 that they have adopted from China. Maria had just turned 5 a few days ago, now she is home with Jesus. PLEASE pray for their family during this time.....

2 comments:

jennyhope said...

I feel so bad for all of them.

Anonymous said...

Like you said, 'Steven Curtis Chapman is by far my most FAVORITE songwriter and singer of all times. His music is unbelievably powerful to me and just so genuine.' God bless! 5 steps from Grief to Grace is my advice to the Chapmans, and you – you may read here my new essay on the subject: http://frankahilario.blogspot.com/